Are you waking up feeling tired and sleepy? Follow some of our best tips to wake up feeling refreshed and more energetic!
- Always wake up at the same time- yes, even on weekends. When you regularly wake up at the same time, it will set your circadian rhythm so that your body will let you know when you need to sleep. To make this work, listen to your body. Try to go to sleep at the same time every night. This whole routine will help you get the healthy sleep your body needs to keep your energy replenished.
- Drink water when you first wake up. As you sleep, your body loses a lot of fluids. If you’re waking up feeling sluggish and tired, dehydration may be the culprit! Rehydrating can go a long way to make you feel more alert.
- When you go to sleep, keep your bedroom dark, quiet, and cool. This will ensure that the sleep you get is actually restful and nourishing.
- Don’t hit the snooze button. Set your alarm and stick to your desired wake up time. When you perpetually hit the snooze button, it leads to fragmented sleep and you’ll wake up feeling more tired.
- Make a morning routine that you’ll look forward to! Whether it’s setting listening to your favorite song while brushing your teeth or allowing yourself enough time to watch an episode of your favorite show, give yourself something to be excited about when you wake up in the morning.
- Keep your alarm out of reach. Keeping your alarm out of reach will force you to physically get out of bed to turn it off. It will also make you less likely to hit the snooze button.
- Make your bed. This will help you feel more productive in the morning and will give you a sense of accomplishment, setting the rest of your day up for success.
- Fatten up your coffee. We’re not sure about the complete science on this but it’s a trick sure to allow your energy to last throughout the day. Add 2 teaspoons of coconut oil or butter to your coffee. By adding these healthy fats to your coffee, it will make the caffeine metabolize slowly, which will work throughout the day. Ultimately, this will help you stay alert longer.
- Use essential oils. Try smelling some essential oils in the morning. Scents like peppermint and eucalyptus can make you feel more alert, focused, and stimulated. The smell of rosemary is helpful for jump starting your brain, giving you more mental and physical energy. Smelling citrus can reduce stress and boost the serotonin in your brain!
When you’re looking for something new to add to your morning routine, try some of these tips and tricks! What are your best tips to wake up refreshed? Take a photo and tag yourself on Instagram using the hashtag #DozeMethod.