We don’t know about you, but we are always on the hunt for the best tips and tricks to fall asleep faster and sleep through the night. Follow these tips to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer!
- Set a regular sleep schedule. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every night. This will keep your circadian rhythm in check and let your body know when it’s time to sleep and when it’s time to play.
- Use our weighted blanket. The deep pressure touch technology employed by our Dozeology weighted blanket ‘hugs you’ as you drift off to sleep. It essentially relaxes you and releases serotonin in your mind, making you feel calm and able to fall asleep faster.
- Get moving during the day! Physical activity is considered to be very beneficial to healthy sleep. It can increase the duration and quality of sleep by boosting the production of serotonin in the brain and releasing levels of cortisol, the stress hormone. To promote healthy sleep, exercise in the morning. It will leave you energized throughout the day and leave you ready for sleep by bed time.
- Limit caffeine. Drinking too much or any caffeine before bed can leave you with the inability to fall asleep. Don’t drink caffeine after lunch to ensure you are able to fall asleep fast.
- Read something. Reading an actual paper book is a great way to calm down and soothe yourself before bed. Reading from an electronic book is not the best idea as they emit light which may leave you feeling more artificially awake and less tired.
- Practice relaxation. Lie in bed as your normally would then, squeeze your toes tightly as you can. Allow them to relax completely. Continue this up your body, tensing and relaxing your legs, belly, hands, and arms. As you tense and release the tension, it will allow you to feel calmer and more relaxed so you will be ready for sleep.
- See a Doctor. If making lifestyle changes does not help your sleep, be sure to see your doctor to ensure that there is not an underlying sleep condition.
Try some of these great tips to fall asleep faster. Remember, routine is the key here. So, pick a routine that works best for you and then be sure to stick to it.